- A Psalm of David.
LORD, I have called Thee;
make haste unto me;
give ear unto my voice, when I call unto Thee.
- Let my prayer be set forth as incense before Thee, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
- Set a guard, O LORD, to my mouth;
keep watch at the door of my lips.
- Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to be occupied in deeds of wickedness with men that work iniquity;
and let me not eat of their dainties.
- Let the righteous smite me in kindness, and correct me;
oil so choice let not my head refuse;
for still is my prayer because of their wickedness.
- Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock;
and they shall hear my words, that they are sweet.
- As when one cleaveth and breaketh up the earth, our bones are scattered at the grave"s mouth.
- For mine eyes are unto Thee, O GOD the Lord;
in Thee have I taken refuge, O pour not out my soul.
- Keep me from the snare which they have laid for me, and from the gins of the workers of iniquity.
- Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst I withal escape.