- (142:1) Maschil of David, when he was in the cave;
(142:2) With my voice I cry unto the LORD;
with my voice I make supplication unto the LORD.
- (142:3) I pour out my complaint before Him, I declare before Him my trouble;
- (142:4) When my spirit fainteth within me - Thou knowest my path - in the way wherein I walk have they hidden a snare for me.
- (142:5) Look on my right hand, and see, for there is no man that knoweth me;
I have no way to flee;
no man careth for my soul.
- (142:6) I have cried unto Thee, O LORD;
I have said: "Thou art my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."
- (142:7) Attend unto my cry;
for I am brought very low;
deliver me from my persecutors;
for they are too strong for me.
- (142:8) Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto Thy name;
the righteous shall crown themselves because of me;
for Thou wilt deal bountifully with me.