- A Psalm of David.
O LORD, hear my prayer, give ear to my supplications;
in Thy faithfulness answer me, and in Thy righteousness.
- And enter not into judgment with Thy servant;
for in Thy sight shall no man living be justified.
- For the enemy hath persecuted my soul;
he hath crushed my life down to the ground;
he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.
- And my spirit fainteth within me;
my heart within me is appalled.
- I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Thy doing;
I muse on the work of Thy hands.
- I spread forth my hands unto Thee;
my soul thirsteth after Thee, as a weary land.
- Answer me speedily, O LORD, my spirit faileth;
hide not Thy face from me;
lest I become like them that go down into the pit.
- Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning, for in Thee do I trust;
cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for unto Thee have I lifted up my soul.
- Deliver me from mine enemies, O LORD;
with Thee have I hidden myself.
- Teach me to do Thy will, for Thou art my God;
let Thy good spirit lead me in an even land.
- For Thy name"s sake, O LORD, quicken me;
in Thy righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
- And in Thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that harass my soul;
for I am Thy servant.