- A Psalm of David.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who traineth my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;
- My lovingkindness, and my fortress, my high tower, and my deliverer;
my shield, and He in whom I take refuge;
who subdueth my people under me.
- LORD, what is man, that Thou takest knowledge of him?
or the son of man, that Thou makest account of him?
- Man is like unto a breath;
his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
- O LORD, bow Thy heavens, and come down;
touch the mountains, that they may smoke.
- Cast forth lightning, and scatter them;
send out Thine arrows, and discomfit them.
- Stretch forth Thy hands from on high;
rescue me, and deliver me out of many waters, out of the hand of strangers;
- Whose mouth speaketh falsehood, and their right hand is a right hand of lying.
- O God, I will sing a new song unto Thee, upon a psaltery of ten strings will I sing praises unto Thee;
- Who givest salvation unto kings, who rescuest David Thy servant from the hurtful sword.
- Rescue me, and deliver me out of the hand of strangers, whose mouth speaketh falsehood, and their right hand is a right hand of lying.
- We whose sons are as plants grown up in their youth;
whose daughters are as corner-pillars carved after the fashion of a palace;
- Whose garners are full, affording all manner of store;
whose sheep increase by thousands and ten thousands in our fields;
- Whose oxen are well laden;
with no breach, and no going forth, and no outcry in our broad places;
- Happy is the people that is in such a case.
Yea, happy is the people whose God is the LORD.