Praise the LORD, O my soul.
- I will praise the LORD while I live;
I will sing praises unto my God while I have my being.
- Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
- His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his dust;
in that very day his thoughts perish.
- Happy is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God,
- Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is;
who keepeth truth for ever;
- Who executeth justice for the oppressed;
who giveth bread to the hungry.
The LORD looseth the prisoners;
- The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind;
the LORD raiseth up them that are bowed down;
the LORD loveth the righteous;
- The LORD preserveth the strangers;
He upholdeth the fatherless and the widow;
but the way of the wicked He maketh crooked.
- The LORD will reign for ever, Thy God, O Zion, unto all generations.