for it is good to sing praises unto our God;
for it is pleasant, and praise is comely.
- The LORD doth build up Jerusalem, He gathereth together the dispersed of Israel;
- Who healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
- He counteth the number of the stars;
He giveth them all their names.
- Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
His understanding is infinite.
- The LORD upholdeth the humble;
He bringeth the wicked down to the ground.
- Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving, sing praises upon the harp unto our God;
- Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh the mountains to spring with grass.
- He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.
- He delighteth not in the strength of the horse;
He taketh no pleasure in the legs of a man.
- The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear Him, in those that wait for His mercy.
- Glorify the LORD, O Jerusalem;
praise thy God, O Zion.
- For He hath made strong the bars of thy gates;
He hath blessed thy children within thee.
- He maketh thy borders peace;
He giveth thee in plenty the fat of wheat.
- He sendeth out His commandment upon earth;
His word runneth very swiftly.
- He giveth snow like wool;
He scattereth the hoar-frost like ashes.
- He casteth forth His ice like crumbs;
who can stand before His cold?
- He sendeth forth His word, and melteth them;
He causeth His wind to blow, and the waters flow.
- He declareth His word unto Jacob, His statutes and His ordinances unto Israel.
- He hath not dealt so with any nation;
and as for His ordinances, they have not known them.