- Michtam of David.
Keep me, O God;
for I have taken refuge in Thee.
- I have said unto the LORD: "Thou art my Lord;
I have no good but in Thee";
- As for the holy that are in the earth, they are the excellent in whom is all my delight.
- Let the idols of them be multiplied that make suit unto another;
their drink-offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take their names upon my lips.
- O LORD, the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup, Thou maintainest my lot.
- The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places;
yea, I have a goodly heritage.
- I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel;
yea, in the night seasons my reins instruct me.
- I have set the LORD always before me;
surely He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
- Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth;
my flesh also dwelleth in safety;
- For Thou wilt not abandon my soul to the nether-world;
neither wilt Thou suffer Thy godly one to see the pit.
- Thou makest me to know the path of life;
in Thy presence is fulness of joy, in Thy right hand bliss for evermore.