- A Prayer of David.
Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry;
give ear unto my prayer from lips without deceit.
- Let my judgment come forth from Thy presence;
let Thine eyes behold equity.
- Thou hast tried my heart, Thou hast visited it in the night;
Thou hast tested me, and Thou findest not that I had a thought which should not pass my mouth.
- As for the doings of men, by the word of Thy lips I have kept me from the ways of the violent.
- My steps have held fast to Thy paths, my feet have not slipped.
- As for me, I call upon Thee, for Thou wilt answer me, O God;
incline Thine ear unto me, hear my speech.
- Make passing great Thy mercies, O Thou that savest by Thy right hand from assailants them that take refuge in Thee.
- Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me in the shadow of Thy wings,
- From the wicked that oppress, my deadly enemies, that compass me about.
- Their gross heart they have shut tight, with their mouth they speak proudly.
- At our every step they have now encompassed us;
they set their eyes to cast us down to the earth.
- He is like a lion that is eager to tear in pieces, and like a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, O LORD, confront him, cast him down;
deliver my soul from the wicked, by Thy sword;
- From men, by Thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, whose portion is in this life, and whose belly Thou fillest with Thy treasure;
who have children in plenty, and leave their abundance to their babes.
- As for me, I shall behold Thy face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.