- (19:1) For the Leader.
A Psalm of David.
(19:2) The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth His handiwork;
- (19:3) Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night revealeth knowledge;
- (19:4) There is no speech, there are no words, neither is their voice heard.
- (19:5) Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.
In them hath He set a tent for the sun,
- (19:6) Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run his course.
- (19:7) His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it;
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
- (19:8) The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul;
the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
- (19:9) The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- (19:10) The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever;
the ordinances of the LORD are true, they are righteous altogether;
- (19:11) More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- (19:12) Moreover by them is Thy servant warned;
in keeping of them there is great reward.
- (19:13) Who can discern his errors?
Clear Thou me from hidden faults.
- (19:14) Keep back Thy servant also from presumptuous sins, that they may not have dominion over me;
then shall I be faultless, and I shall be clear from great transgression.
- (19:15) Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable before Thee, O LORD, my Rock, and my Redeemer.