- Why are the nations in an uproar?
And why do the peoples mutter in vain?
- The kings of the earth stand up, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against His anointed:
- "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."
- He that sitteth in heaven laugheth, the Lord hath them in derision.
- Then will He speak unto them in His wrath, and affright them in His sore displeasure:
- "Truly it is I that have established My king upon Zion, My holy mountain."
- I will tell of the decree: the LORD said unto me: "Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee.
- Ask of Me, and I will give the nations for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession.
- Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron;
thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter"s vessel."
- Now therefore, O ye kings, be wise;
be admonished, ye judges of the earth.
- Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
- Do homage in purity, lest He be angry, and ye perish in the way, when suddenly His wrath is kindled.
Happy are all they that take refuge in Him.