- (20:1) For the Leader.
A Psalm of David.
(20:2) The LORD answer thee in the day of trouble;
the name of the God of Jacob set thee up on high;
- (20:3) Send forth thy help from the sanctuary, and support thee out of Zion;
- (20:4) Receive the memorial of all thy meal-offerings, and accept the fat of thy burnt-sacrifice;
- (20:5) Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.
- (20:6) We will shout for joy in thy victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our standards;
the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.
- (20:7) Now know I that the LORD saveth His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven with the mighty acts of His saving right hand.
- (20:8) Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
but we will make mention of the name of the LORD our God.
- (20:9) They are bowed down and fallen;
but we are risen, and stand upright.
- (20:10) Save, LORD;
let the King answer us in the day that we call.