- (21:1) For the Leader.
A Psalm of David.
(21:2) O LORD, in Thy strength the king rejoiceth;
and in Thy salvation how greatly doth he exult!
- (21:3) Thou hast given him his heart"s desire, and the request of his lips Thou hast not withholden.
- (21:4) For Thou meetest him with choicest blessings;
Thou settest a crown of fine gold on his head.
- (21:5) He asked life of Thee, Thou gavest it him;
even length of days for ever and ever.
- (21:6) His glory is great through Thy salvation;
honour and majesty dost Thou lay upon him.
- (21:7) For Thou makest him most blessed for ever;
Thou makest him glad with joy in Thy presence.
- (21:8) For the king trusteth in the LORD, yea, in the mercy of the Most High;
he shall not be moved.
- (21:9) Thy hand shall be equal to all thine enemies;
thy right hand shall overtake those that hate thee.
- (21:10) Thou shalt make them as a fiery furnace in the time of thine anger;
the LORD shall swallow them up in His wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
- (21:11) Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed from among the children of men.
- (21:12) For they intended evil against thee, they imagined a device, wherewith they shall not prevail.
- (21:13) For thou shalt make them turn their back, thou shalt make ready with thy bowstrings against the face of them.
- (21:14) Be Thou exalted, O LORD, in Thy strength;
so will we sing and praise Thy power.