- A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
- When evil-doers came upon me to eat up my flesh, even mine adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell.
- Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear;
though war should rise up against me, even then will I be confident.
- One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the graciousness of the LORD, and to visit early in His temple.
- For He concealeth me in His pavilion in the day of evil;
He hideth me in the covert of His tent;
He lifteth me up upon a rock.
- And now shall my head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me;
and I will offer in His tabernacle sacrifices with trumpet-sound;
I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
- Hear, O LORD, when I call with my voice, and be gracious unto me, and answer me.
- In Thy behalf my heart hath said: "Seek ye My face";
Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
- Hide not Thy face far from me;
put not Thy servant away in anger;
Thou hast been my help;
cast me not off, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
- For though my father and my mother have forsaken me, the LORD will take me up.
- Teach me Thy way, O LORD;
and lead me in an even path, because of them that lie in wait for me.
- Deliver me not over unto the will of mine adversaries;
for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out violence.
- If I had not believed to look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! -
- Wait on the LORD;
be strong, and let thy heart take courage;
yea, wait thou for the LORD.