- A Psalm of David.
Unto thee, O LORD, do I call;
my Rock, be not Thou deaf unto me;
lest, if Thou be silent unto me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
- Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto Thee, when I lift up my hands toward Thy holy Sanctuary.
- Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity;
who speak peace with their neighbours, but evil is in their hearts.
- Give them according to their deeds, and according to the evil of their endeavours;
give them after the work of their hands;
render to them their desert.
- Because they give no heed to the works of the LORD, nor to the operation of His hands;
He will break them down and not build them up.
- Blessed be the LORD, because He hath heard the voice of my supplications.
- The LORD is my strength and my shield, in Him hath my heart trusted, and I am helped;
therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth, and with my song will I praise Him.
- The LORD is a strength unto them;
and He is a stronghold of salvation to His anointed.
- Save Thy people, and bless Thine inheritance;
and tend them, and carry them for ever.