- (3:1) A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
(3:2) LORD, how many are mine adversaries become!
Many are they that rise up against me.
- (3:3) Many there are that say of my soul: "There is no salvation for him in God." Selah
- (3:4) But thou, O LORD, art a shield about me;
my glory, and the lifter up of my head.
- (3:5) With my voice I call unto the LORD, and He answereth me out of His holy mountain.
- (3:6) I lay me down, and I sleep;
I awake, for the LORD sustaineth me.
- (3:7) I am not afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.
- (3:8) Arise, O LORD;
save me, O my God;
for Thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek, Thou hast broken the teeth of the wicked.
- (3:9) Salvation belongeth unto the LORD;
Thy blessing be upon Thy people.