- (30:1) A Psalm;
a Song at the Dedication of the House;
(30:2) I will extol thee, O LORD, for Thou hast raised me up, and hast not suffered mine enemies to rejoice over me.
- (30:3) O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou didst heal me;
- (30:4) O LORD, Thou broughtest up my soul from the nether-world;
Thou didst kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
- (30:5) Sing praise unto the LORD, O ye His godly ones, and give thanks to His holy name.
- (30:6) For His anger is but for a moment, His favour is for a life-time;
weeping may tarry for the night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- (30:7) Now I had said in my security: "I shall never be moved."
- (30:8) Thou hadst established, O LORD, in Thy favour my mountain as a stronghold - Thou didst hide Thy face;
I was affrighted.
- (30:9) Unto Thee, O LORD, did I call, and unto the LORD I made supplication:
- (30:10) "What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit?
Shall the dust praise Thee?
shall it declare Thy truth?
- (30:11) Hear, O LORD, and be gracious unto me;
LORD, be Thou my helper."
- (30:12) Thou didst turn for me my mourning into dancing;
Thou didst loose my sackcloth, and gird me with gladness;
- (30:13) So that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent;
O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto Thee for ever.