- (34:1) A Psalm of David;
when he changed his demeanour before Abimelech, who drove him away, and he departed.
(34:2) I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
- (34:3) My soul shall glory in the LORD;
the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
- (34:4) O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.
- (34:5) I sought the LORD, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- (34:6) They looked unto Him, and were radiant;
and their faces shall never be abashed.
- (34:7) This poor man cried, and the LORD heard, and saved him out of all his troubles.
- (34:8) The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.
- (34:9) O consider and see that the LORD is good;
happy is the man that taketh refuge in Him.
- (34:10) O fear the LORD, ye His holy ones;
for there is no want to them that fear Him.
- (34:11) The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger;
but they that seek the LORD want not any good thing.
- (34:12) Come, ye children, hearken unto me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
- (34:13) Who is the man that desireth life, and loveth days, that he may see good therein?
- (34:14) Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
- (34:15) Depart from evil, and do good;
seek peace, and pursue it.
- (34:16) The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry.
- (34:17) The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
- (34:18) They cried, and the LORD heard, and delivered them out of all their troubles.
- (34:19) The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, and saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.
- (34:20) Many are the ills of the righteous, but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
- (34:21) He keepeth all his bones;
not one of them is broken.
- (34:22) Evil shall kill the wicked;
and they that hate the righteous shall be held guilty.
- (34:23) The LORD redeemeth the soul of His servants;
and none of them that take refuge in Him shall be desolate.