- (36:1) For the Leader.
A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD.
(36:2) Transgression speaketh to the wicked, methinks - there is no fear of God before his eyes.
- (36:3) For it flattereth him in his eyes, until his iniquity be found, and he be hated.
- (36:4) The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit;
he hath left off to be wise, to do good.
- (36:5) He deviseth iniquity upon his bed;
he setteth himself in a way that is not good;
he abhorreth not evil.
- (36:6) Thy lovingkindness, O LORD, is in the heavens;
Thy faithfulness reacheth unto the skies.
- (36:7) Thy righteousness is like the mighty mountains;
Thy judgments are like the great deep;
man and beast Thou preservest, O LORD.
- (36:8) How precious is Thy lovingkindness, O God!
and the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Thy wings.
- (36:9) They are abundantly satisfied with the fatness of Thy house;
and Thou makest them drink of the river of Thy pleasures.
- (36:10) For with Thee is the fountain of life;
in Thy light do we see light.
- (36:11) O continue Thy lovingkindness unto them that know Thee;
and Thy righteousness to the upright in heart.
- (36:12) Let not the foot of pride overtake me, and let not the hand of the wicked drive me away.
- (36:13) There are the workers of iniquity fallen;
they are thrust down, and are not able to rise.