- A Psalm of David.
Fret not thyself because of evil-doers, neither be thou envious against them that work unrighteousness.
- For they shall soon wither like the grass, and fade as the green herb.
- Trust in the LORD, and do good;
dwell in the land, and cherish faithfulness.
- So shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD;
and He shall give thee the petitions of thy heart.
- Commit thy way unto the LORD;
trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass.
- And He will make thy righteousness to go forth as the light, and thy right as the noonday.
- Resign thyself unto the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
fret not thyself, it tendeth only to evil-doing.
- For evil-doers shall be cut off;
but those that wait for the LORD, they shall inherit the land.
- And yet a little while, and the wicked is no more;
yea, thou shalt look well at his place, and he is not.
- But the humble shall inherit the land, and delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- The wicked plotteth against the righteous, and gnasheth at him with his teeth.
- The Lord doth laugh at him;
for He seeth that his day is coming.
- The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow;
to cast down the poor and needy, to slay such as are upright in the way;
- Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
- Better is a little that the righteous hath than the abundance of many wicked.
- For the arms of the wicked shall be broken;
but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
- The LORD knoweth the days of them that are wholehearted;
and their inheritance shall be for ever.
- They shall not be ashamed in the time of evil;
and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
- For the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs - they shall pass away in smoke, they shall pass away.
- The wicked borroweth, and payeth not;
but the righteous dealeth graciously, and giveth.
- For such as are blessed of Him shall inherit the land;
and they that are cursed of Him shall be cut off.
- It is of the LORD that a man"s goings are established;
and He delighted in his way.
- Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
for the LORD upholdeth his hand.
- I have been young, and now am old;
yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
- All the day long he dealeth graciously, and lendeth;
and his seed is blessed.
- Depart from evil, and do good;
and dwell for evermore.
- For the LORD loveth justice, and forsaketh not His saints;
they are preserved for ever;
but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
- The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
- The mouth of the righteous uttereth wisdom, and his tongue speaketh justice.
- The law of his God is in his heart;
none of his steps slide.
- The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
- The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor suffer him to be condemned when he is judged.
- Wait for the LORD, and keep His way, and He will exalt thee to inherit the land;
when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
- I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a leafy tree in its native soil.
- But one passed by, and, lo, he was not;
yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
- Mark the man of integrity, and behold the upright;
for there is a future for the man of peace.
- But transgressors shall be destroyed together;
the future of the wicked shall be cut off.
- But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD;
He is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
- And the LORD helpeth them, and delivereth them;
He delivereth them from the wicked, and saveth them, because they have taken refuge in Him.