- (4:1) For the Leader;
A Psalm of David.
(4:2) Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness, Thou who didst set me free when I was in distress;
be gracious unto me, and hear my prayer.
- (4:3) O ye sons of men, how long shall my glory be put to shame, in that ye love vanity, and seek after falsehood?
- (4:4) But know that the LORD hath set apart the godly man as His own;
the LORD will hear when I call unto Him.
- (4:5) Tremble, and sin not;
commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.
- (4:6) Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.
- (4:7) Many there are that say: "Oh that we could see some good!" LORD, lift Thou up the light of Thy countenance upon us.
- (4:8) Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than when their corn and their wine increase.
- (4:9) In peace will I both lay me down and sleep;
for Thou, LORD, makest me dwell alone in safety.