- (41:1) For the Leader.
A Psalm of David.
(41:2) Happy is he that considereth the poor;
the LORD will deliver him in the day of evil.
- (41:3) The LORD preserve him, and keep him alive, let him be called happy in the land;
and deliver not Thou him unto the greed of his enemies.
- (41:4) The LORD support him upon the bed of illness;
mayest Thou turn all his lying down in his sickness.
- (41:5) As for me, I said: "O LORD, be gracious unto me;
heal my soul;
for I have sinned against Thee."
- (41:6) Mine enemies speak evil of me: "When shall he die, and his name perish?"
- (41:7) And if one come to see me, he speaketh falsehood;
his heart gathereth iniquity to itself;
when he goeth abroad, he speaketh of it.
- (41:8) All that hate me whisper together against me, against me do they devise my hurt:
- (41:9) "An evil thing cleaveth fast unto him;
and now that he lieth, he shall rise up no more."
- (41:10) Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, who did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
- (41:11) But Thou, O LORD, be gracious unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
- (41:12) By this I know that Thou delightest in me, that mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
- (41:13) And as for me, Thou upholdest me because of mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face for ever.
- (41:14) Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting and to everlasting.
Amen, and Amen.