- (45:1) For the Leader;
a Psalm of the sons of Korah.
A Song of loves.
(45:2) My heart overfloweth with a goodly matter;
I say: "My work is concerning a king";
my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
- (45:3) Thou art fairer than the children of men;
grace is poured upon thy lips;
therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.
- (45:4) Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O mighty one, Thy glory and thy majesty.
- (45:5) And in thy majesty prosper, ride on, in behalf of truth and meekness and righteousness;
and let thy right hand teach thee tremendous things.
- (45:6) Thine arrows are sharp - the peoples fall under thee - they sink into the heart of the king"s enemies.
- (45:7) Thy throne given of God is for ever and ever;
a sceptre of equity is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
- (45:8) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated wickedness;
therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
- (45:9) Myrrh, and aloes, and cassia are all thy garments;
out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made thee glad.
- (45:10) Kings" daughters are among thy favourites;
at thy right hand doth stand the queen in gold of Ophir.
- (45:11) "Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear;
forget also thine own people, and thy father"s house;
- (45:12) So shall the king desire thy beauty;
for he is thy lord;
and do homage unto him.
- (45:13) And, O daughter of Tyre, the richest of the people shall entreat thy favour with a gift."
- (45:14) All glorious is the king"s daughter within the palace;
her raiment is of chequer work inwrought with gold.
- (45:15) She shall be led unto the king on richly woven stuff;
the virgins her companions in her train being brought unto thee.
- (45:16) They shall be led with gladness and rejoicing;
they shall enter into the king"s palace.
- (45:17) Instead of thy fathers shall be thy sons, whom thou shalt make princes in all the land.
- (45:18) I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations;
therefore shall the peoples praise thee for ever and ever.