- (48:1) A Song;
a Psalm of the sons of Korah.
(48:2) Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised, in the city of our God, His holy mountain,
- (48:3) Fair in situation, the joy of the whole earth;
even mount Zion, the uttermost parts of the north, the city of the great King.
- (48:4) God in her palaces hath made Himself known for a stronghold.
- (48:5) For, lo, the kings assembled themselves, they came onward together.
- (48:6) They saw, straightway they were amazed;
they were affrighted, they hasted away.
- (48:7) Trembling took hold of them there, pangs, as of a woman in travail.
- (48:8) With the east wind Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish.
- (48:9) As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God - God establish it for ever.
- (48:10) We have thought on Thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of Thy temple.
- (48:11) As is Thy name, O God, so is Thy praise unto the ends of the earth;
Thy right hand is full of righteousness.
- (48:12) Let mount Zion be glad, let the daughters of Judah rejoice, because of Thy judgments.
- (48:13) Walk about Zion, and go round about her;
count the towers thereof.
- (48:14) Mark ye well her ramparts, traverse her palaces;
that ye may tell it to the generation following.
- (48:15) For such is God, our God, for ever and ever;
He will guide us eternally.