- (5:1) For the Leader;
upon the Nehiloth.
A Psalm of David.
(5:2) Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
- (5:3) Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God;
for unto Thee do I pray.
- (5:4) O LORD, in the morning shalt Thou hear my voice;
in the morning will I order my prayer unto Thee, and will look forward.
- (5:5) For Thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness;
evil shall not sojourn with Thee.
- (5:6) The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight;
Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
- (5:7) Thou destroyest them that speak falsehood;
the LORD abhorreth the man of blood and of deceit.
- (5:8) But as for me, in the abundance of Thy lovingkindness will I come into Thy house;
I will bow down toward Thy holy temple in the fear of Thee.
- (5:9) O LORD, lead me in Thy righteousness because of them that lie in wait for me;
make Thy way straight before my face.
- (5:10) For there is no sincerity in their mouth;
their inward part is a yawning gulf, their throat is an open sepulchre;
they make smooth their tongue.
- (5:11) Hold them guilty, O God, let them fall by their own counsels;
cast them down in the multitude of their transgressions;
for they have rebelled against Thee.
- (5:12) So shall all those that take refuge in Thee rejoice, they shall ever shout for joy, and Thou shalt shelter them;
let them also that love Thy name exult in Thee.
- (5:13) For Thou dost bless the righteous;
O LORD, Thou dost encompass him with favour as with a shield.