- A Psalm of Asaph.
God, God, the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.
- Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined forth.
- Our God cometh, and doth not keep silence;
a fire devoureth before Him, and round about Him it stormeth mightily.
- He calleth to the heavens above, and to the earth, that He may judge His people:
- "Gather My saints together unto Me;
those that have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice."
- And the heavens declare His righteousness;
for God, He is judge.
- "Hear, O My people, and I will speak;
O Israel, and I will testify against thee: God, thy God, am I.
- I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices;
and thy burnt-offerings are continually before Me.
- I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he-goats out of thy folds.
- For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
- I know all the fowls of the mountains;
and the wild beasts of the field are Mine.
- If I were hungry, I would not tell thee;
for the world is Mine, and the fulness thereof.
- Do I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
- Offer unto God the sacrifice of thanksgiving;
and pay thy vows unto the Most High;
- And call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver thee, and thou shalt honour Me."
- But unto the wicked God saith: "What hast thou to do to declare My statutes, and that thou hast taken My covenant in thy mouth?
- Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest My words behind thee.
- When thou sawest a thief, thou hadst company with him, and with adulterers was thy portion.
- Thou hast let loose thy mouth for evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.
- Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother;
thou slanderest thine own mother"s son.
- These things hast thou done, and should I have kept silence?
Thou hadst thought that I was altogether such a one as thyself;
but I will reprove thee, and set the cause before thine eyes.
- Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
- Whoso offereth the sacrifice of thanksgiving honoureth Me;
and to him that ordereth his way aright will I show the salvation of God."