- (52:1) For the Leader.
Maschil of David;
(52:2) when Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul, and said unto him: "David is come to the house of Ahimelech." (52:3) Why boastest thou thyself of evil, O mighty man?
The mercy of God endureth continually.
- (52:4) Thy tongue deviseth destruction;
like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
- (52:5) Thou lovest evil more than good;
falsehood rather than speaking righteousness.
- (52:6) Thou lovest all devouring words, the deceitful tongue.
- (52:7) God will likewise break thee for ever, He will take thee up, and pluck thee out of thy tent, and root thee out of the land of the living.
- (52:8) The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:
- (52:9) "Lo, this is the man that made not God his stronghold;
but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness."
- (52:10) But as for me, I am like a leafy olive-tree in the house of God;
I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
- (52:11) I will give Thee thanks for ever, because Thou hast done it;
and I will wait for Thy name, for it is good, in the presence of Thy saints.