- (54:1) For the Leader;
Maschil of David: (54:2) when the Ziphites came and said to Saul: "Doth not David hide himself with us?" (54:3) O God, save me by Thy name, and right me by Thy might.
- (54:4) O God, hear my prayer;
give ear to the words of my mouth.
- (54:5) For strangers are risen up against me, and violent men have sought after my soul;
they have not set God before them.
- (54:6) Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is for me as the upholder of my soul.
- (54:7) He will requite the evil unto them that lie in wait for me;
destroy Thou them in Thy truth.
- (54:8) With a freewill-offering will I sacrifice unto Thee;
I will give thanks unto Thy name, O LORD, for it is good.
- (54:9) For He hath delivered me out of all trouble;
and mine eye hath gazed upon mine enemies.