- (58:1) For the Leader;
A Psalm of David;
(58:2) Do ye indeed speak as a righteous company?
Do ye judge with equity the sons of men?
- (58:3) Yea, in heart ye work wickedness;
ye weigh out in the earth the violence of your hands.
- (58:4) The wicked are estranged from the womb;
the speakers of lies go astray as soon as they are born.
- (58:5) Their venom is like the venom of a serpent;
they are like the deaf asp that stoppeth her ear;
- (58:6) Which hearkeneth not to the voice of charmers, or of the most cunning binder of spells.
- (58:7) Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth;
break out the cheek-teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
- (58:8) Let them melt away as water that runneth apace;
when he aimeth his arrows, let them be as though they were cut off.
- (58:9) Let them be as a snail which melteth and passeth away;
like the untimely births of a woman, that have not seen the sun.
- (58:10) Before your pots can feel the thorns, He will sweep it away with a whirlwind, the raw and the burning alike.
- (58:11) The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance;
he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
- (58:12) And men shall say: "Verily there is a reward for the righteous;
verily there is a God that judgeth in the earth."