- (59:1) For the Leader;
A Psalm of David;
when Saul sent, and they watched the house to kill him.
(59:2) Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God;
set me on high from them that rise up against me.
- (59:3) Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from the men of blood.
- (59:4) For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul;
the impudent gather themselves together against me;
not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
- (59:5) Without my fault, they run and prepare themselves;
awake Thou to help me, and behold.
- (59:6) Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, arouse Thyself to punish all the nations;
show no mercy to any iniquitous traitors.
- (59:7) They return at evening, they howl like a dog, and go round about the city.
- (59:8) Behold, they belch out with their mouth;
swords are in their lips: "For who doth hear?"
- (59:9) But Thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them;
Thou shalt have all the nations in derision.
- (59:10) Because of his strength, I will wait for Thee;
for God is my high tower.
- (59:11) The God of my mercy will come to meet me;
God will let me gaze upon mine adversaries.
- (59:12) Slay them not, lest my people forget, make them wander to and fro by Thy power, and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
- (59:13) For the sin of their mouth, and the words of their lips, let them even be taken in their pride, and for cursing and lying which they speak.
- (59:14) Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they be no more;
and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob, unto the ends of the earth.
- (59:15) And they return at evening, they howl like a dog, and go round about the city;
- (59:16) They wander up and down to devour, and tarry all night if they have not their fill.
- (59:17) But as for me, I will sing of Thy strength;
yea, I will sing aloud of Thy mercy in the morning;
for Thou hast been my high tower, and a refuge in the day of my distress.
- (59:18) O my strength, unto Thee will I sing praises;
for God is my high tower, the God of my mercy.