- (6:1) For the Leader;
on the Sheminith.
A Psalm of David.
(6:2) O LORD, rebuke me not in Thine anger, neither chasten me in Thy wrath.
- (6:3) Be gracious unto me, O LORD, for I languish away;
heal me, O LORD, for my bones are affrighted.
- (6:4) My soul also is sore affrighted;
and Thou, O LORD, how long?
- (6:5) Return, O LORD, deliver my soul;
save me for Thy mercy"s sake.
- (6:6) For in death there is no remembrance of Thee;
in the nether-world who will give Thee thanks?
- (6:7) I am weary with my groaning;
every night make I my bed to swim;
I melt away my couch with my tears.
- (6:8) Mine eye is dimmed because of vexation;
it waxeth old because of all mine adversaries.
- (6:9) Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity;
for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.
- (6:10) The LORD hath heard my supplication;
the LORD receiveth my prayer.
- (6:11) All mine enemies shall be ashamed and sore affrighted;
they shall turn back, they shall be ashamed suddenly.