- (60:1) For the Leader;
upon Shushan Eduth;
Michtam of David, to teach;
(60:2) when he strove with Aram-naharaim and with Aram-zobah, and Joab returned, and smote of Edom in the Valley of Salt twelve thousand.
(60:3) O God, Thou hast cast us off, Thou hast broken us down;
Thou hast been angry;
O restore us.
- (60:4) Thou hast made the land to shake, Thou hast cleft it;
heal the breaches thereof;
for it tottereth.
- (60:5) Thou hast made Thy people to see hard things;
Thou hast made us to drink the wine of staggering.
- (60:6) Thou hast given a banner to them that fear Thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth.
- (60:7) That Thy beloved may be delivered, save with Thy right hand, and answer me.
- (60:8) God spoke in His holiness, that I would exult;
that I would divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- (60:9) Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine;
Ephraim also is the defence of my head;
Judah is my sceptre.
- (60:10) Moab is my washpot;
upon Edom do I cast my shoe;
Philistia, cry aloud because of me!
- (60:11) Who will bring me into the fortified city?
Who will lead me unto Edom?
- (60:12) Hast not Thou, O God, cast us off?
And Thou goest not forth, O God, with our hosts.
- (60:13) Give us help against the adversary;
for vain is the help of man.
- (60:14) Through God we shall do valiantly;
for He it is that will tread down our adversaries.