- (61:1) For the Leader;
A Psalm of David.
(61:2) Hear my cry, O God;
attend unto my prayer.
- (61:3) From the end of the earth will I call unto Thee, when my heart fainteth;
lead me to a rock that is too high for me.
- (61:4) For Thou hast been a refuge for me, a tower of strength in the face of the enemy.
- (61:5) I will dwell in Thy Tent for ever;
I will take refuge in the covert of Thy wings.
- (61:6) For Thou, O God, hast heard my vows;
Thou hast granted the heritage of those that fear Thy name.
- (61:7) Mayest Thou add days unto the king"s days!
May his years be as many generations!
- (61:8) May he be enthroned before God for ever!
Appoint mercy and truth, that they may preserve him.
- (61:9) So will I sing praise unto Thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.