- (62:1) For the Leader;
A Psalm of David.
(62:2) Only for God doth my soul wait in stillness;
from Him cometh my salvation.
- (62:3) He only is my rock and my salvation, my high tower, I shall not be greatly moved.
- (62:4) How long will ye set upon a man, that ye may slay him, all of you, as a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
- (62:5) They only devise to thrust him down from his height, delighting in lies;
they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly.
- (62:6) Only for God wait thou in stillness, my soul;
for from Him cometh my hope.
- (62:7) He only is my rock and my salvation, my high tower, I shall not be moved.
- (62:8) Upon God resteth my salvation and my glory;
the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
- (62:9) Trust in Him at all times, ye people;
pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.
- (62:10) Men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie;
if they be laid in the balances, they are together lighter than vanity.
- (62:11) Trust not in oppression, and put not vain hope in robbery;
if riches increase, set not your heart thereon.
- (62:12) God hath spoken once, twice have I heard this: that strength belongeth unto God;
- (62:13) Also unto Thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy;
for Thou renderest to every man according to his work.