- (63:1) A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
(63:2) O God, Thou art my God, earnestly will I seek Thee;
my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee, in a dry and weary land, where no water is.
- (63:3) So have I looked for Thee in the sanctuary, to see Thy power and Thy glory.
- (63:4) For Thy lovingkindness is better than life;
my lips shall praise Thee.
- (63:5) So will I bless Thee as long as I live;
in Thy name will I lift up my hands.
- (63:6) My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness;
and my mouth doth praise Thee with joyful lips;
- (63:7) When I remember Thee upon my couch, and meditate on Thee in the night-watches.
- (63:8) For Thou hast been my help, and in the shadow of Thy wings do I rejoice.
- (63:9) My soul cleaveth unto Thee;
Thy right hand holdeth me fast.
- (63:10) But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the nethermost parts of the earth.
- (63:11) They shall be hurled to the power of the sword;
they shall be a portion for foxes.
- (63:12) But the king shall rejoice in God;
every one that sweareth by Him shall glory;
for the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.