- (64:1) For the Leader.
A Psalm of David.
(64:2) Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint;
preserve my life from the terror of the enemy.
- (64:3) Hide me from the council of evil-doers;
from the tumult of the workers of iniquity;
- (64:4) Who have whet their tongue like a sword, and have aimed their arrow, a poisoned word;
- (64:5) That they may shoot in secret places at the blameless;
suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.
- (64:6) They encourage one another in an evil matter;
they converse of laying snares secretly;
they ask, who would see them.
- (64:7) They search out iniquities, they have accomplished a diligent search;
even in the inward thought of every one, and the deep heart.
- (64:8) But God doth shoot at them with an arrow suddenly;
thence are their wounds.
- (64:9) So they make their own tongue a stumbling unto themselves;
all that see them shake the head.
- (64:10 And all men fear;
and they declare the work of God, and understand His doing.
- (64:11) The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall take refuge in Him;
and all the upright in heart shall glory.