- For the Leader.
A Song, a Psalm.
Shout unto God, all the earth;
- Sing praises unto the glory of His name;
make His praise glorious.
- Say unto God: "How tremendous is Thy work!
Through the greatness of Thy power shall Thine enemies dwindle away before Thee.
- All the earth shall worship Thee, and shall sing praises unto Thee;
they shall sing praises to Thy name." Selah
- Come, and see the works of God;
He is terrible in His doing toward the children of men.
- He turned the sea into dry land;
they went through the river on foot;
there let us rejoice in Him!
- Who ruleth by His might for ever;
His eyes keep watch upon the nations;
let not the rebellious exalt themselves.
- Bless our God, ye peoples, and make the voice of His praise to be heard;
- Who hath set our soul in life, and suffered not our foot to be moved,
- For Thou, O God, hast tried us;
Thou hast refined us, as silver is refined.
- Thou didst bring us into the hold;
Thou didst lay constraint upon our loins.
- Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads;
we went through fire and through water;
but Thou didst bring us out unto abundance.
- I will come into Thy house with burnt-offerings, I will perform unto Thee my vows,
- Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in distress.
- I will offer unto Thee burnt-offerings of fatlings, with the sweet smoke of rams;
I will offer bullocks with goats.
- Come, and hearken, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what He hath done for my soul.
- I cried unto Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue.
- If I had regarded iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not hear;
- But verily God hath heard;
He hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
- Blessed be God, who hath not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me.