- (68:1) For the Leader.
A Psalm of David, a Song.
(68:2) Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered;
and let them that hate Him flee before Him.
- (68:3) As smoke is driven away, so drive them away;
as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
- (68:4) But let the righteous be glad, let them exult before God;
yea, let them rejoice with gladness.
- (68:5) Sing unto God, sing praises to His name;
extol Him that rideth upon the skies, whose name is the LORD;
and exult ye before Him.
- (68:6) A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in His holy habitation.
- (68:7) God maketh the solitary to dwell in a house;
He bringeth out the prisoners into prosperity;
the rebellious dwell but in a parched land.
- (68:8) O God, when Thou wentest forth before Thy people, when Thou didst march through the wilderness;
- (68:9) The earth trembled, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God;
even yon Sinai trembled at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
- (68:10) A bounteous rain didst Thou pour down, O God;
when Thine inheritance was weary, Thou didst confirm it.
- (68:11) Thy flock settled therein;
Thou didst prepare in Thy goodness for the poor, O God.
- (68:12) The Lord giveth the word;
the women that proclaim the tidings are a great host.
- (68:13) Kings of armies flee, they flee;
and she that tarrieth at home divideth the spoil.
- (68:14) When ye lie among the sheepfolds, the wings of the dove are covered with silver, and her pinions with the shimmer of gold.
- (68:15) When the Almighty scattereth kings therein, it snoweth in Zalmon.
- (68:16) A mountain of God is the mountain of Bashan;
a mountain of peaks is the mountain of Bashan.
- (68:17) Why look ye askance, ye mountains of peaks, at the mountain which God hath desired for His abode?
Yea, the LORD will dwell therein for ever.
- (68:18) The chariots of God are myriads, even thousands upon thousands;
the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in holiness.
- (68:19) Thou hast ascended on high, Thou hast led captivity captive;
Thou hast received gifts among men, yea, among the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell there.
- (68:20) Blessed be the Lord, day by day He beareth our burden, even the God who is our salvation.
- (68:21) God is unto us a God of deliverances;
and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues of death.
- (68:22) Surely God will smite through the head of His enemies, the hairy scalp of him that goeth about in his guiltiness.
- (68:23) The Lord said: "I will bring back from Bashan, I will bring them back from the depths of the sea;
- (68:24) That thy foot may wade through blood, that the tongue of thy dogs may have its portion from thine enemies."
- (68:25) They see Thy goings, O God, even the goings of my God, my King, in holiness.
- (68:26) The singers go before, the minstrels follow after, in the midst of damsels playing upon timbrels.
- (68:27) "Bless ye God in full assemblies, even the Lord, ye that are from the fountain of Israel."
- (68:28) There is Benjamin, the youngest, ruling them, the princes of Judah their council, the princes of Zebulun, the princes of Naphtali.
- (68:29) Thy God hath commanded thy strength;
be strong, O God, Thou that hast wrought for us
- (68:30) Out of Thy temple at Jerusalem, whither kings shall bring presents unto Thee.
- (68:31) Rebuke the wild beast of the reeds, the multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the peoples, every one submitting himself with pieces of silver;
He hath scattered the peoples that delight in war!
- (68:32) Nobles shall come out of Egypt;
Ethiopia shall hasten to stretch out her hands unto God.
- (68:33) Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth;
O sing praises unto the Lord;
- (68:34) To Him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which are of old;
lo, He uttereth His voice, a mighty voice.
- (68:35) Ascribe ye strength unto God;
His majesty is over Israel, and His strength is in the skies.
- (68:36) Awful is God out of thy holy places;
the God of Israel, He giveth strength and power unto the people;
blessed be God.