- A Psalm of Solomon.
Give the king Thy judgments, O God, and Thy righteousness unto the king"s son;
- That he may judge Thy people with righteousness, and Thy poor with justice.
- Let the mountains bear peace to the people, and the hills, through righteousness.
- May he judge the poor of the people, and save the children of the needy, and crush the oppressor.
- They shall fear Thee while the sun endureth, and so long as the moon, throughout all generations.
- May he come down like rain upon the mown grass, as showers that water the earth.
- In his days let the righteous flourish, and abundance of peace, till the moon be no more.
- May he have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the River unto the ends of the earth.
- Let them that dwell in the wilderness bow before him;
and his enemies lick the dust.
- The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall render tribute;
the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
- Yea, all kings shall prostrate themselves before him;
all nations shall serve him.
- For he will deliver the needy when he crieth;
the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
- He will have pity on the poor and needy, and the souls of the needy he will save.
- He will redeem their soul from oppression and violence, and precious will their blood be in his sight.
- That they may live, and that he may give them of the gold of Sheba, that they may pray for him continually, yea, bless him all the day.
- May he be as a rich cornfield in the land upon the top of the mountains;
may his fruit rustle like Lebanon;
and may they blossom out of the city like grass of the earth.
- May his name endure for ever;
may his name be continued as long as the sun;
may men also bless themselves by him;
may all nations call him happy.
- Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things;
- And blessed be His glorious name for ever;
and let the whole earth be filled with His glory.
Amen, and Amen.
- The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.