- (76:1) For the Leader;
A Psalm of Asaph, a Song.
(76:2) In Judah is God known;
His name is great in Israel.
- (76:3) In Salem also is set His tabernacle, and His dwelling-place in Zion.
- (76:4) There He broke the fiery shafts of the bow;
the shield, and the sword, and the battle.
- (76:5) Glorious art Thou and excellent, coming down from the mountains of prey.
- (76:6) The stout-hearted are bereft of sense, they sleep their sleep;
and none of the men of might have found their hands.
- (76:7) At Thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, they are cast into a dead sleep, the riders also and the horses.
- (76:8) Thou, even Thou, art terrible;
and who may stand in Thy sight when once Thou art angry?
- (76:9) Thou didst cause sentence to be heard from heaven;
the earth feared, and was still,
- (76:10) When God arose to judgment, to save all the humble of the earth.
- (76:11) Surely the wrath of man shall praise Thee;
the residue of wrath shalt Thou gird upon Thee.
- (76:12) Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God;
let all that are round about Him bring presents unto Him that is to be feared;
- (76:13) He minisheth the spirit of princes;
He is terrible to the kings of the earth.