- (77:1) For the Leader;
A Psalm of Asaph.
(77:2) I will lift up my voice unto God, an cry;
I will lift up my voice unto God, that He may give ear unto me.
- (77:3) In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord;
with my hand uplifted, mine eye streameth in the night without ceasing;
my soul refuseth to be comforted.
- (77:4) When I think thereon, O God, I must moan;
when I muse thereon, my spirit fainteth.
- (77:5) Thou holdest fast the lids of mine eyes;
I am troubled, and cannot speak.
- (77:6) I have pondered the days of old, the years of ancient times.
- (77:7) In the night I will call to remembrance my song;
I will commune with mine own heart;
and my spirit maketh diligent search:
- (77:8) "Will the Lord cast off for ever?
and will He be favourable no more?
- (77:9) Is His mercy clean gone for ever?
Is His promise come to an end for evermore?
- (77:10) Hath God forgotten to be gracious?
Hath He in anger shut up his compassions?" Selah
- (77:11) And I say: "This is my weakness, that the right hand of the Most High could change.
- (77:12) I will make mention of the deeds of the LORD;
yea, I will remember Thy wonders of old.
- (77:13) I will meditate also upon all Thy work, and muse on Thy doings."
- (77:14) O God, Thy way is in holiness;
who is a great god like unto God?
- (77:15) Thou art the God that doest wonders;
Thou hast made known Thy strength among the peoples.
- (77:16) Thou hast with Thine arm redeemed Thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph.
- (77:17) The waters saw Thee, O God;
the waters saw Thee, they were in pain;
the depths also trembled.
- (77:18) The clouds flooded forth waters;
the skies sent out a sound;
Thine arrows also went abroad.
- (77:19) The voice of Thy thunder was in the whirlwind;
the lightnings lighted up the world;
the earth trembled and shook.
- (77:20) Thy way was in the sea, and Thy path in the great waters, and Thy footsteps were not known.
- (77:21) Thou didst lead Thy people like a flock, by the hand of Moses and Aaron.