- (8:1) For the Leader;
upon the Gittith.
A Psalm of David.
(8:2) O LORD, our Lord, how glorious is Thy name in all the earth!
whose majesty is rehearsed above the heavens.
- (8:3) Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast Thou founded strength, because of Thine adversaries;
that Thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
- (8:4) When I behold Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou hast established;
- (8:5) What is man, that Thou art mindful of him?
and the son of man, that Thou thinkest of him?
- (8:6) Yet Thou hast made him but little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
- (8:7) Thou hast made him to have dominion over the works of Thy hands;
Thou hast put all things under His feet:
- (8:8) Sheep and oxen, all of them, yea, and the beasts of the field;
- (8:9) The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea;
whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
- (8:10) O LORD, our Lord, how glorious is Thy name in all the earth!