- (83:1) A Song, a Psalm of Asaph.
(83:2) O God, keep not Thou silence;
hold not Thy peace, and be not still, O God.
- (83:3) For, lo, Thine enemies are in an uproar;
and they that hate Thee have lifted up the head.
- (83:4) They hold crafty converse against Thy people, and take counsel against Thy treasured ones.
- (83:5) They have said: "Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation;
that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance."
- (83:6) For they have consulted together with one consent;
against Thee do they make a covenant;
- (83:7) The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites;
Moab, and the Hagrites;
- (83:8) Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek;
Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
- (83:9) Assyria also is joined with them;
they have been an arm to the children of Lot.
- (83:10) Do Thou unto them as unto Midian;
as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook Kishon;
- (83:11) Who were destroyed at En-dor;
they became as dung for the earth.
- (83:12) Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb, and like Zebah and Zalmunna all their princes;
- (83:13) Who said: "Let us take to ourselves in possession the habitations of God."
- (83:14) O my God, make them like the whirling dust;
as stubble before the wind.
- (83:15) As the fire that burneth the forest, and as the flame that setteth the mountains ablaze;
- (83:16) So pursue them with Thy tempest, and affright them with Thy storm.
- (83:17) Fill their faces with shame;
that they may seek Thy name, O LORD.
- (83:18) Let them be ashamed and affrighted for ever;
yea, let them be abashed and perish;
- (83:19) That they may know that it is Thou alone whose name is the LORD, the Most High over all the earth.