- (84:1) For the Leader;
upon the Gittith.
A Psalm of the sons of Korah.
(84:2) How lovely are Thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
- (84:3) My soul yearneth, yea, even pineth for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh sing for joy unto the living God.
- (84:4) Yea, the sparrow hath found a house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young;
Thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God - .
- (84:5) Happy are they that dwell in Thy house, they are ever praising Thee.
- (84:6) Happy is the man whose strength is in Thee;
in whose heart are the highways.
- (84:7) Passing through the valley of Baca they make it a place of springs;
yea, the early rain clotheth it with blessings.
- (84:8) They go from strength to strength, every one of them appeareth before God in Zion.
- (84:9) O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;
give ear, O God of Jacob.
- (84:10) Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of Thine anointed.
- (84:11) For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand;
I had rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
- (84:12) For the LORD God is a sun and a shield;
the LORD giveth grace and glory;
no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.
- (84:13) O LORD of hosts, happy is the man that trusteth in Thee.