- (85:5) For the Leader.
A Psalm of the sons of Korah.
(85:2) LORD, Thou hast been favourable unto Thy land, Thou hast turned the captivity of Jacob.
- (85:3) Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of Thy people, Thou hast pardoned all their sin.
- (85:4) Thou hast withdrawn all Thy wrath;
Thou hast turned from the fierceness of Thine anger.
- (85:5) Restore us, O God of our salvation, and cause Thine indignation toward us to cease.
- (85:6) Wilt Thou be angry with us for ever?
Wilt Thou draw out Thine anger to all generations?
- (85:7) Wilt Thou not quicken us again, that Thy people may rejoice in Thee?
- (85:8) Show us Thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us Thy salvation.
- (85:9) I will hear what God the LORD will speak;
for He will speak peace unto His people, and to His saints;
but let them not turn back to folly.
- (85:10) Surely His salvation is nigh them that fear Him;
that glory may dwell in our land.
- (85:11) Mercy and truth are met together;
righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
- (85:12) Truth springeth out of the earth;
and righteousness hath looked down from heaven.
- (85:13) Yea, the LORD will give that which is good;
and our land shall yield her produce.
- (85:14) Righteousness shall go before Him, and shall make His footsteps a way.