- A Prayer of David.
Incline Thine ear, O LORD, and answer me;
for I am poor and needy.
- Keep my soul, for I am godly;
O Thou my God, save Thy servant that trusteth in Thee.
- Be gracious unto me, O Lord;
for unto Thee do I cry all the day.
- Rejoice the soul of Thy servant;
for unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
- For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to pardon, and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee.
- Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer;
and attend unto the voice of my supplications.
- In the day of my trouble I call upon Thee;
for Thou wilt answer me.
- There is none like unto Thee among the gods, O Lord, and there are no works like Thine.
- All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and prostrate themselves before Thee, O Lord;
and they shall glorify Thy name.
- For Thou art great, and doest wondrous things;
Thou art God alone.
- Teach me, O LORD, Thy way, that I may walk in Thy truth;
make one my heart to fear Thy name.
- I will thank Thee, O Lord my God, with my whole heart;
and I will glorify Thy name for evermore.
- For great is Thy mercy toward me;
and Thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest nether-world.
- O God, the proud are risen up against me, and the company of violent men have sought after my soul, and have not set Thee before them.
- But Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
- O turn unto me, and be gracious unto me;
give Thy strength unto Thy servant, and save the son of Thy handmaid.
- Work in my behalf a sign for good;
that they that hate me may see it, and be put to shame, because Thou, LORD, hast helped me, and comforted me.