- (9:1) For the Leader;
A Psalm of David.
(9:2) I will give thanks unto the LORD with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Thy marvellous works.
- (9:3) I will be glad and exult in Thee;
I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High:
- (9:4) When mine enemies are turned back, they stumble and perish at Thy presence;
- (9:5) For Thou hast maintained my right and my cause;
Thou sattest upon the throne as the righteous Judge.
- (9:6) Thou hast rebuked the nations, Thou hast destroyed the wicked, Thou hast blotted out their name for ever and ever.
- (9:7) O thou enemy, the waste places are come to an end for ever;
and the cities which thou didst uproot, their very memorial is perished.
- (9:8) But the LORD is enthroned for ever;
He hath established His throne for judgment.
- (9:9) And He will judge the world in righteousness, He will minister judgment to the peoples with equity.
- (9:10) The LORD also will be a high tower for the oppressed, a high tower in times of trouble;
- (9:11) And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee;
for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee.
- (9:12) Sing praises to the LORD, who dwelleth in Zion;
declare among the peoples His doings.
- (9:13) For He that avengeth blood hath remembered them;
He hath not forgotten the cry of the humble.
- (9:14) Be gracious unto me, O LORD, behold mine affliction at the hands of them that hate me;
Thou that liftest me up from the gates of death;
- (9:15) That I may tell of all Thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion, that I may rejoice in Thy salvation.
- (9:16) The nations are sunk down in the pit that they made;
in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
- (9:17) The LORD hath made Himself known, He hath executed judgment, the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
- (9:18) The wicked shall return to the nether-world, even all the nations that forget God.
- (9:19) For the needy shall not alway be forgotten, nor the expectation of the poor perish for ever.
- (9:20) Arise, O LORD, let not man prevail;
let the nations be judged in Thy sight.
- (9:21) Set terror over them, O LORD;
let the nations know they are but men.