- O thou that dwellest in the covert of the Most High, and abidest in the shadow of the Almighty;
- I will say of the LORD, who is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust,
- That He will deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
- He will cover thee with His pinions, and under His wings shalt thou take refuge;
His truth is a shield and a buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flieth by day;
- Of the pestilence that walketh in darkness, nor of the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- A thousand may fall at Thy side, and ten thousand at Thy right hand;
it shall not come nigh thee.
- Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold, and see the recompense of the wicked.
- For thou hast made the LORD who is my refuge, even the Most High, thy habitation.
- There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy tent.
- For He will give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
- They shall bear thee upon their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt tread upon the lion and asp;
the young lion and the serpent shalt thou trample under feet.
- "Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.
- He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him, and bring him to honour.
- With long life will I satisfy him, and make Him to behold My salvation."