- O LORD, Thou God to whom vengeance belongeth, Thou God to whom vengeance belongeth, shine forth.
- Lift up Thyself, Thou Judge of the earth;
render to the proud their recompense.
- LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked exult?
- They gush out, they speak arrogancy;
all the workers of iniquity bear themselves loftily.
- They crush Thy people, O LORD, and afflict Thy heritage.
- They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.
- And they say: "The LORD will not see, neither will the God of Jacob give heed."
- Consider, ye brutish among the people;
and ye fools, when will ye understand?
- He that planted the ear, shall He not hear?
He that formed the eye, shall He not see?
- He that instructeth nations, shall not He correct?
even He that teacheth man knowledge?
- The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
- Happy is the man whom Thou instructest, O LORD, and teachest out of Thy law;
- That Thou mayest give him rest from the days of evil, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
- For the LORD will not cast off His people, neither will He forsake His inheritance.
- For right shall return unto justice, and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
- Who will rise up for me against the evil-doers?
Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
- Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had soon dwelt in silence.
- If I say: "My foot slippeth", Thy mercy, O LORD, holdeth me up.
- When my cares are many within me, Thy comforts delight my soul.
- Shall the seat of wickedness have fellowship with Thee, which frameth mischief by statute?
- They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn innocent blood.
- But the LORD hath been my high tower, and my God the rock of my refuge.
- And He hath brought upon them their own iniquity, and will cut them off in their own evil;
the LORD our God will cut them off.