- Oh that thou wert as my brother, that sucked the breasts of my mother!
When I should find thee without, I would kiss thee;
yea, and none would despise me.
- I would lead thee, and bring thee into my mother"s house, that thou mightest instruct me;
I would cause thee to drink of spiced wine, of the juice of my pomegranate.
- His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.
- "I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem: Why should ye awaken, or stir up love, until it please?"
- Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?
Under the apple-tree I awakened thee;
there thy mother was in travail with thee;
there was she in travail and brought thee forth.
- Set me as a seal upon thy heart, as a seal upon thine arm;
for love is strong as death, jealousy is cruel as the grave;
the flashes thereof are flashes of fire, a very flame of the LORD.
- Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it;
if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, he would utterly be contemned.
- We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts;
what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?
- If she be a wall, we will build upon her a turret of silver;
and if she be a door, we will enclose her with boards of cedar.
- I am a wall, and my breasts like the towers thereof;
then was I in his eyes as one that found peace.
- Solomon had a vineyard at Baal-hamon;
he gave over the vineyard unto keepers;
every one for the fruit thereof brought in a thousand pieces of silver.
- My vineyard, which is mine, is before me;
thou, O Solomon, shalt have the thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.
- Thou that dwellest in the gardens, the companions hearken for thy voice: "Cause me to hear it."
- Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a gazelle or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.