- The burden of the word of the LORD concerning Israel.
The saying of the LORD, who stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundation of the earth, and formed the spirit of man within him:
- Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of staggering unto all the peoples round about, and upon Judah also shall it fall to be in the siege against Jerusalem.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will make Jerusalem a stone of burden for all the peoples;
all that burden themselves with it shall be sore wounded;
and all the nations of the earth shall be gathered together against it.
- In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with bewilderment, and his rider with madness;
and I will open Mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the peoples with blindness.
- And the chiefs of Judah shall say in their heart: "The inhabitants of Jerusalem are my strength through the LORD of hosts their God."
- In that day will I make the chiefs of Judah like a pan of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire among sheaves;
and they shall devour all the peoples round about, on the right hand and on the left;
and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
- The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem be not magnified above Judah.
- In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;
and he that stumbleth among them at that day shall be as David;
and the house of David shall be as a godlike being, as the angel of the LORD before them.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
- And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication;
and they shall look unto Me because they have thrust him through;
and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.
- In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
- And the land shall mourn, every family apart: the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart;
the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
- The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart;
the family of the Shimeites apart, and their wives apart;
- All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.